Monday 15 October 2007

Thoughts of a late night Knitter seams a good place to start. I loved Pam Ayres as a kid, her poery made me chuckle aloud, especially this poem as I was learning to knit when it was popular. I remember the first thing I finished. It was a tabard with a Fleur de Lise on the front for my Sindy doll in red and blue. It had Garter stitch down the side and, as my mother didn't know what garter stitch was, I was sent to 'Aunty' Silvia. She was sat there knitting a yellow sweater, and was knitting at such a speed I thought was impossible, AND SHE WASN'T LOOKING!!! I stood there thinking, 'I'm going to do that one day.' Between Aunty Silvia and my needlework teacher, Mrs Goodenough, I have been inspired to try everything, so now, like most crafters, I knit, stitch, crochet, jewellery make, bead, felt, weave, silk paint, paper make, cross stitch, embroider, bear make and drink a lot of coffee. It isn't the coffee's fault that I'm a late night knitter, i don't have any after eight o'clock,i just don't sleep early. Lights off about two is the average.
So, this is the blog of A late night crafter. Do come back again.

No comments: